The Demon King (Seven Realms Series #1) - Cinda Williams Chima “History,' Mari muttered, as if she'd overheard his thoughts. 'Why do we need to know what happened before we were born?' 'So hopefully we get smarter and don't make the same mistakes again.” ____________________________________________This book was really good. Don't let my three stars dampen your spirit for reading this book. The Demon King was an enjoyable read. I cannot say that this book completely blew me away but it was surprising and interesting. Hunts Alone aka Hans Alister was an amazing protagonist! He was one of the main reasons that I liked this book. I have mixed feelings about this book. There were many instances when I kept thinking that this book was like any other book with a predictable plot and characters. It was in the end that I realized, even though it was predictable and all, I still enjoyed reading it. I took my dear time reading this one and I guess I would have liked this book more if I had read it in one sitting. Dragging this book is not a good idea. You might get bored with the characters and the plot. Well, I did. I don't know about you but I would suggest you read it quickly. It is a fast - paced book and it requires a fast - paced reader.One of the other reasons I liked this book was because of the element of magic in it. Though it didn't play a very significant role, I was hooked whenever the wizards were mentioned. I love magic and it will always intrigue me. Also, there isn't much of romance it and it was relieving. At least, I didn't have to constantly think about who ends up with who though I am curious whom one of the characters will end up with but it's not constantly on my mind :DThe main reason why I didn't give this book four or five stars is because of the story line. The characters where amazing but there wasn't a good story line to support them. It was a bit cliched and all but nothing so bad you can't read it. I hope the second installment is better than the first one. The Demon King is a good read. Not exceptional or great but good.