A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) (Movie Tie-In Edition)

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin How I came to fall for this incredible book:On one cold evening, I was sitting on my couch; bored and thinking of random things and all of a sudden I felt like reading something about the medieval times or what I exactly felt like reading was about kings and queens and their jesters. So, I browsed through countless books and ended up with The Game of Thrones. And boy am I glad I ended up with this incredible book!At first sight, the thickness of the book made me think that I would never be able to complete it and that it would be hidden deep inside my cupboard full of books I haven't read yet along with the Lord of the Rings (Yes, I haven't been able to complete it yet.) Luckily, I was wrong! Never have I been so happy to be wrong. I was captured and enthralled and was pulled into this book by the very first chapter. When you play a game of thrones you win or you die. For a shorter version of this 800-ish pages book I would say that several noble houses fight for the Iron throne and an exiled queen tries to find a place for herself in this war - filled world. I can assure you that there's much more to this lovely book than the short description that's mentioned here.A short version of the flashback Before Robert Baratheon (the current king when the story begins) the seven kingdoms were ruled by the Targaryens who had a lot of association with the dragons. So, according to this book the dragon race had come to an end when Robert and his friend Eddard Stark of Winterfell with many other allies defeated the Targaryens and Robert took up the Iron throne.Then, the story is narrated by the Stark family, Eddard the king of Winterfell, his bastard son Jon Snow, his wife Catelyn, his two daughters Sansa and Arya and one of his three sons Bran. The story is also narrated by the exiled queen Daenerys Targaryen and the Lannisters. I took a week to finish this book and had three papers with countless names written on it. The plethora of characters in this book made it difficult for me to remember them throughout the book except for the main ones. And I also kept losing the papers. However, I gradually got used to it. The only one thing I completely disliked about this book is the sexual content in it. It felt gross to me. If these parts were omitted or minimized, this book would have gotten all five stars.Some of the quotes that I love from this book are:1) "Fear cuts deeper than swords."2)"Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word."3) "The things we love destroy us every time, lad. Remember that." There's many more but I'd rather you read it.