Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) - Colleen Hoover An exceptional, beautiful and mesmerizing read. Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies...Colleen Hoover's novel Hopeless captured me from the very beginning. Hopeless was narrated by Sky, the main character who I believe is the strongest person I've ever read about in contemporary fiction.Meet, Linden Sky Davis "You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake happily ever afters that should piss you off." Hoover has managed to create a very strong, flawed and lovable female lead whom I loved and admired very much. Sky was different from all the other characters I've read. Mostly, I found her to be very intriguing because I could not predict her next move. Sometimes her actions irritated and baffled me and that's what I really like about her. I can never predict her.Everything was fine in Sky's world. Until she meets... Dean Holder "Holder is all kinds of confusing and complicated." Sky had perfectly described him. Truly, he was the most complicated character I've ever come across. He has like five different sides to him. Most of which were various scary mood swings. Holder smiles and laughs for one second and the next second he's banging his fists on the door. I found Holder to be like Sky; unpredictable and lovable. In the beginning, Holder did annoy and scare me mainly because of his sudden change in temper but in the end, it turned out that Holder is also one of the most sweetest character I've ever come across.Sky was inexplicably drawn to Holder and believe me even though it sounds very cliche, it's not your typical romance. Beneath all their romance, there is a terrifying mystery tied to it. "And once again in my new world full of heartache and lies, this hopeless boy somehow finds a way to make me smile." The first half the story was all pure fun. Everything was blissful and I had this goofy grin on my face while reading it. That's one of the reasons I loved this book. The goofy grin remained for a long period of time.Holder and Sky seemed perfect to me. They were like two halves of a broken heart. They healed and fixed each other in ways I cannot understand. Sky understood him and his scary mood swings and realized that she also liked him. Holder was also inexplicably drawn to Sky and everything was really perfect. "It's what happens when two people become one: they no longer only share love. They also share all of the pain, heartache, sorrow, and grief." The second half of the story was more intense. More secrets and lies. I'm not going to elaborate these statements. Just trust my rating and read the book and get carried away :)There isn't a single thing that this book didn't have. It was an exceptional read. A lovely, moving read. "Life can't be divided into chapters...only minutes. The events of your life are all crammed together one minute right after the other without any time lapses or blank pages or chapter breaks because no matter what happens life just keeps going and moving forward and words keep flowing and truths keep spewing whether you like it or not and life never lets you pause and just catch your fucking breath." ____________________________________________ My Hopeless reviews Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)