Recalled (Death Escorts, #1)

Recalled (Death Escorts, #1) - Cambria Hebert "Dying - ceasing to live; approaching death; expiring: a dying man." This book was really good. I expected a lot more from it though.Dex was once a poor boy on the streets who lived his life by stealing money. One day, he stole from a waitress and as he goes inside a diner for some food, a bus swerving crazily on the ice almost killed the waitress if it weren't for him. He pushed her out of the way and died instead.He died. And he made a deal with the Grim Reaper and became a Death Escort. He also got a new body.In order to become an official death escort he as to kill someone. And that someone is the girl he had saved earlier.PiperDex found it really hard to kill the person he had died for. I could understand that. His death would have been meaningless if he killed her now. But he had two months to kill her! Somehow he could have found a way to finish her off. But he couldn't! Oh, why??It became very frustrating hereafter. Dex would have been moments away from killing her and then, - I honestly don't know what got into his head - he changes his mind in the last second. This was exactly what I wanted to do Other than that frustrating part, the book was really good. I wished the author made Dex kill Piper, it would have been a splendid twist. Instead, he had various doubts about killing her. I liked Dex despite the fact that he couldn't kill Piper. I liked Piper too. The characters were good to read about. On the whole, I liked this book. It was different and a quick read. "Alive - possessing life. In existence; active."